Musical opportunities through Small Ensembles
There are diverse opportunities for small instrumental and vocal ensembles in the School of Music. Contact the appropriate faculty member to learn how to participate.
Note that not all ensembles are offered every semester. Check the Course Catalog and consult with your academic advisor.
- Buckeye Flutes — contact Katherine Borst Jones (MUSIC 2208.99)
- A flute ensemble/choir for non-majors, meeting once a week (Wednesdays 6:30–7:25 p.m.)
- The ensemble performs several times each semester at campus venues
- Double Bass Ensemble — contact Barry Green
- MUSIC 2208.99 (undergraduate) and 7208.99 (graduate)
- Class meets Tuesdays 6:30–8 p.m.
- Harp Ensemble — contact Jeanne Norton (MUSIC 2208.99)
- Class meets Wednesdays 5:40–6:30 p.m.
- African Drumming Ensemble — contact Arved Ashby
- MUSIC 2208.20 (undergraduate) and 7780.20 (graduate)
- Andean Ensemble • contact Michelle Wibbelsman
- MUSIC 2208.22 (undergraduate) and 7780.22 (graduate), 1 credit
- Offered every semester
- Class meets Mondays 5:30–7:35 p.m.
- Composers Workshop — contact Vera Stanojevic (MUSIC 5630)