Wednesday – Saturday, July 6 – 9
Students will work with the faculty and students of the Ohio State bassoon and oboe studios in an atmosphere designed to be informative, inspirational and enjoyable. Rehearse and perform in a large Double Reed Choir as well as small chamber ensembles and get "hands-on" with the arts and crafts of reed-making and adjustment during reed classes. In master classes, you will develop performance enhancement strategies, explore solo repertoire, and much more. Make friends and join a supportive double reed community by taking part in Double Reed Camp at Ohio State.
This event is closed for 2022.
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 7–12 in the 2022–2023 school year, and 2022 high school graduates. Must have at least one year of experience on your instrument.
- Resident (limited to students entering grades 9–12 and 2022 graduates):
$495 — Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter (available for all grades):
$375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Wednesday, June 15
- Limited registration deadline — Wednesday, June 29
(Housing and/or T-shirt may not be available)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 40
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be published here. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
ARRIVING OR DEPARTING BY AIR?
The final schedule for each program may not be available until a few weeks before the program begins. However, most programs have a closing concert in which all students will want to participate. For those departing by air, flights should be scheduled after 7 p.m. Please note, Ohio State Youth Summer Music Programs cannot be responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport. Contact the YSMP Registrar at YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu for details.
Daily Schedule Overview
- Wednesday — 2:30 p.m. (mandatory orientation) to approx. 9 p.m.
- Thursday–Friday — 9:30 a.m. to approx. 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday — 9:30 a.m. start; concert at 2:30 p.m.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding curriculum, email Abby Yeakle Held (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Karen Pierson (email@example.com) or call 614-292-4619.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.