Wednesday, June 29 – Saturday, July 2
Jazz Camp provides high school musicians with an up-close view of the jazz studies program at Ohio State.
Students will play in both a big band and jazz combo, participate in master classes with Ohio State jazz studies faculty, and enjoy sessions covering topics such as jazz history, jazz theory, jazz improvisation and a survey of the music industry. The program concludes with a grand finale concert where the big bands and combos will perform for family and friends.
This event is closed for 2022.
Professor Shawn Wallace
ELIGIBILITY — For students entering grades 10–12 in the 2022–2023 school year and 2022 high school graduates; must have at least one year of experience playing in a school jazz ensemble.
- Resident: $495— Tuition, T-shirt, housing with three meals per day.
- Commuter $375 — Tuition and T-shirt only. No housing or meals.
REGISTRATION — You will be required to make payment via credit card at the time of registration. Shortly after submitting payment, you will receive an email receipt.
- Full registration deadline — Wednesday, June 8
- Limited registration deadline — Thursday, June 23
(Housing and/or T-shirt may not be available)
MAXIMUM ENROLLMENT — 35
NOTE — The registration/payment form works best on a computer (PC or Mac). MAC USERS — use Chrome, not Safari.
- Parents/guardians and participants will receive permission forms via DocuSign shortly after registration is complete. All forms must be returned by the deadline indicated in order to participate.
- Shortly before the start of the program, a Digital Handbook will be published here. This handbook contains important information for a successful experience. All participants and parents/guardians should read it carefully prior to the start of the program and can refer to it often throughout the week.
- Approximately one week before the program, participants and parents/guardians will also receive an email with basic information about what to pack, arrival, parking, check-in and more.
ARRIVING OR DEPARTING BY AIR?
The final schedule for each program may not be available until a few weeks before the program begins. However, most programs have a closing concert in which all students will want to participate. For those departing by air, flights should be scheduled after 7 p.m. Please note, Ohio State Youth Summer Music Programs cannot be responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport. Contact the YSMP Registrar at YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu for details.
- Visit Youth Summer Music Programs Frequently Asked Questions.
- For questions regarding curriculum, contact Shawn Wallace at email@example.com or Robert Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about registration or payment procedures, email YouthSummerMusic@osu.edu.